When is it Necessary to Test For Mold?

We recommend testing your home for mold if:                                                                                                                                                                                 -You smell a musty odor in the home (a musty odor is almost always caused by some sort of mold).                                                                                                                                                                                                  -Your home has recently been flooded (mold frequently begins to grow after a home has been flooded).                                                                                                                                                                                -You discover mold in one area of the home (mold spreads quickly and easily throughout a home, so if you have mold in one part of the home, we recommend testing the rest of the home in case the mold has spread).                                                                                                                                                                                                                     -You or another member of your household have symptoms of mold-related health problems, such as chronic sinus infections, chronic sore throats, frequentheadaches, coughing, wheezing, unexplained rashes or hives, or unexplained fatigue.                                                                                                                                                  -You may also want to have your home tested for mold if you or another member of your household has a health condition that can be made worse by exposure to mold such as asthma, severe environmental allergies, respiratory disorders, or immune system disorders.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       -You suspect there is hidden mold in your home that you can't find.                                                                                                                          

Can mold cause health problems?

Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Some people, such as those with serious allergies to molds, may have more severe reactions. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs.

Where is mold found?

Mold is found in virtually every environment and can be detected, both indoors and outdoors, year round. Mold growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions. Outdoors they can be found in shady, damp areas or places where leaves or other vegetation is decomposing. Indoors they can be found where humidity levels are high, such as basements or showers.

Contact Us Today!

 Tru-Spect Inspections & Environmental
 

602 Sunnyside DR.
Dowagiac, MI 49047

Phone: +1(269)414-0469

E-mail: greg@tru-spect.com

Print Print | Sitemap
© Tru-Spect Inspections